Using dede() from the deSolve package in R

The problem is, it seems the delay slows things down a lot. I found out the reason is because the lag variables calculated in dede() during integration indeed are calculating the lags of all the state variables, and there’s no way around it. I’m curious if the lag() R function would work while it was integrating, and thus be a simpler solution.

I tried increasing the hmax to Inf but not including any lags in the dede() model. At this point, the dede() is returning blank variable values, and I’m not sure if it’s a consequence of that. So, I took hmax = Inf back out, and we’ll see what happens to run time, and if the correct values return to the output.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *